How to find 23andMe and Ancestry Raw Data Downloads for OPUS23 Software
Downloading 23andMe DNA Data
You can access your raw genetic data within your 23andMe account one of three ways: • Navigate directly to you.23andme.com/tools/data/
• Click on Resource in the footer at the bottom of your homepage, and select Browse Raw Data from the available resources.
• Visit your Account Settings and click on “View” under 23andMe Data. You will see a blue “Download Raw Data” button which will redirect you to the download raw data page.
The main view of the Browse Raw Data feature shows the same pictorial representation of each chromosome — including a Y chromosome — for all users. It is important to note that except in rare genetic cases, women do not inherit a Y chromosome and will see “not determined” for markers found on the Y chromosome.
Downloading Your Raw Data
To download your raw data, click on the Download tab from within the top navigation bar within the Browse Raw Data feature and scroll down until you see the "Submit request" button. You will receive an email to the email address associated with your 23andMe account when your raw data download file is ready. Typically, files are ready within 1 hour.
Locating Your Downloaded File
After you submit a request for your raw data file, you will be emailed when the file is ready to download. Just follow the instructions provided in the “Your 23andMe raw data download is ready!” email.
The Raw Data file will be downloaded in the form of a zipped (.zip) text file, and its name begins with the word genome. If you are having trouble locating your raw data file, try searching your computer for a file containing the word “genome”. Once you have located your file in your Downloads folder or on your Desktop, you should have the zipped version of the file.
Some computers may automatically unzip the file for you, but we need the zip file. Don’t double click on the downloaded file as that might initiate extracting (unzipping) the zipped file. Add the download as an attachment and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Call me if you get stuck! 503-328-8080.
Downloading Ancestry DNA Data
1. Go to your DNA Settings page. If prompted, sign in to your account. To get to this page from any page on Ancestry, click the DNA tab > Your DNA Results Summary > Settings. 2. On your DNA settings page, scroll to the Actions section and click Download next to Download DNA Data.
3. Enter your password, check the box, and click Confirm. You'll get an email containing a link to confirm the download. The downloaded file will not be in the email itself; in the email, you'll click a link that will bring you back to Ancestry.
4. In the email, click Confirm Data Download. A download link can be used just once, and it will expire after one week. If your link has expired, start over at step 1.
5. If prompted, sign in. On the Download DNA Data page on Ancestry, click Download DNA Data. If you’re brought to a page that contains a DNA ad rather than a sign in page, you may be in someone else’s account; click the name or username in the top-right corner to sign out, then sign in to your account.
6. The file will be downloaded to your computer. The file name will be dna-data- (date).zip. If you can’t find it, check your Downloads folder or search for the file name (if you have a PC) by clicking the Windows key on your keyboard and entering the file name in the search field that appears, or (if you have an Apple computer) by clicking the Spotlight icon in the top-right corner of your screen and entering the file name in the search field. To open the file, double-click it.
7. Some computers may automatically unzip the file for you, but Dr. Fisher needs the zip file. Don’t double click on the downloaded file as that might initiate extracting (unzipping) the zipped file. Add the original download as an email attachment and send it to email@example.com. Call me if you get stuck! 503-328-8080.
To Download Ombre Raw Data
1. login to your ombre gut app at https://account.ombrelab.com/signin
2. On the left panel option list, choose "My Kits"
3. Choose "Download CSV" of your registered sample kit
4. Save download as your First and Last Name.cvs file (keep as .cvs)
5. Email your file folder attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org and schedule your Ombre appointment if you haven't yet!